|Tampa Wedding Photographer |
When it comes to your wedding day, there are tons of decisions to make and even more details to remember! As your wedding photographer, one of my favorite things to do is help you through these decisions before your big day, to ensure you have time for all of the amazing pictures and wonderful moments your day brings!
I will be explaining some of my favorite tips on how to prepare for the best possible wedding photos and overall experience! I will cover everything from the best place to get ready – to why I absolutely love a “first look!” and even some tips for your reception! This is your big day – so let’s have some fun getting you ready for it!
If you missed the last tips in this series check it out below to catch up:
1. Let’s stay together – What details should I have photographed in my dressing room?
2. Flower Power – Where to have your flowers delivered and more on your beautiful arrangements
3. Let’s Get Ready!- Tips on picking the best location to get ready, what to keep in mind and more!
4. The “First Look” – What is it and is it for me?
Let’s get ready!
When you think of all the locations to plan for your wedding day, most brides think of only two- ceremony and reception locations; and although these are the two most important locations to plan out, let’s not forget your day starts with one location that often gets ignored- where you will be getting ready. This location is where I (the photographer) usually arrive to begin capturing all of your moments- the gentle smile from your mother as you put your dress on, the laughter with your girlfriends, the excitement as you get ready for the wonderful day ahead and most of the time – your bridal portraits as well.
Here are a few tips that can help you have the best getting ready experience:
1. Pick the very best room available. Some churches, will have a bridal room for you to get ready in, but these are not usually the biggest spaces available- so they can tend to look and feel crowded. A better alternative may mean heading to nice hotel suite nearby. These are generally much larger spaces, beautifully decorated in a modern, clean style- giving you countless more options for all your natural light shots and a more natural feel to the bonding experience with your girls.
2.Pick the Best Light. Remember, BIG windows are our best friend in a “get ready room” because natural light is the most flattering and makes for beautiful bridal shots. So, when it comes to windows in your getting ready room, the bigger – the better!
3. Get ready girls! Be sure whoever is helping you get into your dress is ready before you are. When you are about to step into the most beautiful dress you will ever wear, they will surely not want to be caught in bathrobes. It’s also best if you also try to keep the area where you will be putting on your dress as clutter free as possible. I know this may be difficult to do, as many times this area has served as command central for the last days of planning; however, nothing distracts from a lovely moment quite like empty water bottles and unruly clothes in the background.
4. Keep your Groom Close. When possible, it is a nice touch to have the groom get ready at the same location. Booking rooms on different floors or wings of the hotel should assure you won’t run into each other but makes it possible to capture his own getting ready moments (usually filled with nervous excitement 😉 ) and makes for a more cohesive story line of your day. Catching both the bride and groom perspectives of your day is a more complete story line when you look back at your album 20 years from now.
Hope you found this helpful as you plan your big day!… Stay tuned for more Bride tips and photographer insights coming soon 🙂
you may enjoy