| Tampa Wedding Photographer |
When it comes to your wedding day, there are tons of decisions to make and even more details to remember! As your wedding photographer, one of my favorite things to do is help you through these decisions before your big day, to ensure you have time for all of the amazing pictures and wonderful moments your day brings!
I will be telling you all about some of my favorite tips on how to prepare for the best possible wedding photos and overall experience! I will cover everything from the best place to get ready – to why I absolutely love a “first look!” and even some tips for your reception! This is your big day – so let’s have some fun getting you ready for it!
If you missed the last tips in this series check it out below to catch up:
The “First Look”- What is it and is it for me?
The question of whether or not to have a “First Look” is one that continues to dominate pre-wedding planning. A not-so-new wedding day tradition where couples choose to take a quiet and private moment before the ceremony to see each other…hence “The First Look”. Whether you are for or against it one thing is clear, this tradition is here to stay.
As a wedding photographer, I always respect my couples’ decision on this matter but I also want them to understand all the options they have to make their day go from great to spectacular! Not to mention reduce the level of stress and increase the enjoyment of their day by a few degrees 😉
Here are a few reasons why I simply LOVE first looks and all the advantages it provides to you as a couple and to your big day!
1. By Your Side- It is rare on your wedding day that you are actually alone. You have your girls, your family, your vendors, event planners and he has an entourage there to share in the splendor of your day. So…being able to step away from it all to catch your breath, be together, talk or just hug each other before the big moment… no crowds, no audience – just the love of your life by your side– it’s perfection. Also what better way to chase the butterflies away and work out the nervous jitters prior to the ceremony than to spend some one on one time with your honey before saying your “I do’s”.
2. Gimme More- You’ll get more pictures. Since most weddings are set in the afternoon near sunset, waiting until the ceremony to see each other limits the bride and groom portraits to only the minutes after the ceremony. When a couple decides on a First Look, we carefully arrange a private area for the two to meet and share this moment- and immediately afterwards start B/G portraits. The time of day is usually bright and beautiful, offering amazing opportunity for natural light photographs. Another great advantage is that you won’t feel rushed to get to your reception, so many times we are able to go to more than one location.
After the ceremony we will shoot a few more bride and groom portraits but since we will be in a different setting and different hour of the day -usually the late afternoon gorgeous golden hour (my favorite!) it means more variety in your portraits too.
3. Time in a Bottle – First Looks are absolute wonders to your timeline. They not only give you the ability to catch some wonderful shots with your love at different locations and time of day but also, allow you time alone with the bridal party to get some really fun pics. Immediately after your first look and your portraits, we call in the bridal party and shoot some fun and formal portraits of the whole party together and in different groupings. Whenever possible we also do some immediate family portraits. The great advantage is that after the ceremony, since most of the wedding party and family portraits have been done already- these groups can head to the cocktail hour much quicker and let’s be real…. they always love that! It also helps the post ceremony formals with family knowing many of your “must have” list is already completed.
4. So Fresh & So Clean- First Looks help to catch everyone from the bride and groom to the bridal party at their very best. Fresh makeup and dresses on the girls and cooperative guys that don’t mind their tuxes yet 😉 – before the heat, nerves or tears of the day start to happen.
5. Emotions- I love all the emotions that happen during the First Look! They are some of the most genuine and exciting pictures of the day. Seeing the love of your life and knowing exactly what the next few moments together mean, tend to evoke a string of amazing sentiments. Since there is no audience you have the freedom to let your reactions be more natural, to talk and touch each other. He can tell you how amazing you look and you can tell him you’re the luckiest girl in the world to be his…something that both of you might feel a bit more self- conscious about doing when your family and friends have all eyes on at the altar.
Hope you found this helpful as you plan your big day!… Stay tuned for more Bride tips and photographer insights coming soon!
ps. Fun Friday Bonus points to anyone who can tell me where the titles of each paragraph came from! 😉
you may enjoy